Missing downloaded files

tarikat4eto

I downloaded the latest version of uTorrent (1.3) and moved all my active torrent in it.

Then I decided to download Ally McBeal's Second season and I selected only 3 episodes to be downloaded:

203 - Fools Night Out.avi

204 - It's My Party.avi

205 - Story Of Love.avi

I waited they to be downloaded and opened the containing folder and I was realy surpised - there was 3 files but they weren't right - 203 - Fools Night Out.avi was downloaded completely (with it's 360mb), 204 - It's My Party.avi which was downloaded corectly by the "hash-check" made by uTorrent, but with size of 0.0kb and can't be played by any player (that's logical), and finally - the third file wasn't 205 - Story Of Love.avi , it was "~uTorrentPartFile_1F66A1000.dat" with size 683mb.

While writing this I finished downloding the first two eps of Boston Legal Season 01 and the problem appeared again, thah time it was downloaded just ep1 and the second ep was with filesoze of 0.0k. And here apeared "~uTorrentPartFile_1718CC000.dat" file with 350mb size.

Help me, please...

same here, pack of a bunch of zip's & i wanted to pick just a few & on 2 different batches it ended up as 2 partfiles..... though second time there were half of the zips, but a lot of the inside files could not be opened... i'm gonna have to use BTornado for selective batches & UTorrent for singles ;)

is there a way for utorrent to read the partfile & saveas/transfer all the data to the specific files it should be?

i have exactly the same problem. i never had preallocation turned on, and it seems like the questions on this topic that have already been answered dealt with people who had all used preallocation. for almost all of my torrents, i am unable to get utorrent to separate the file it says is 100% complete (after repeated hash checks) from the .dat file, which in some torrents is quite large (1gb in one case).

i have partfile and sparsefiles turned on. please help.

If any of you still have those torrents with files that won't split, can you try setting all the files to normal, then back to skip, then normal again and see if it helps? (making sure you have enough space, you must have more free space than the size of the partfile)

Archived