problem with 1.7.7

dmrvls1

Did you recently change your torrent storage location? It will only be reflected in NEW torrents. What is the path it says "unable to open torrent file: path\to\torrent.torrent"?? Existing torrents require a fix in the resume.dat. For that you can use Ultima's B.F.E. If you have specific question on usage feel free to ask below.

PLEASE NOTE: Backing up ALL relevant files before editing is recommended as B.F.E. comes with little additional support without specific questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I upgraded to 1.7.7 I had all my files on a external HD. I made sure that the download location was correct. Now I have a error saying Can't open, torrent file: C:\Documents and Setting\HP_Administrator\Application Data\uTorrent\(torrent name).

I have uTorrent install on my C drive in program files, and all my files on an external J drive.

Ahhh, k well that means your uT is expecting the torrents tobe under the profile "HP_Administrator"... if your username has changed, that's the problem. I would look at the Bencoded File Editor made by Ultima... read through the helpful posts uptop by Ultima in the thread, download the last stable, openup your resume.dat... don't forget to back it up... and edit the torrent locations with "Find/Replace" to show your new folder structure. If there are some torrents without a path\to\TORRENT.torrent, then they will have to be added or next run uT will say "cannot find torrent.torrent" instead of the bad paths currently shown.

If the data hasn't changed, after you re-save the resume.dat, and then start up uT... it should be as it was before. NOTE: pay attention to the logger tab after you start uT. iF there are any errors and / or the torrents don't resolve the X issue and cannot find torrent error something went wrong and advise further on what you did and the specific steps, so someone can help you ascertain WHAT that was ;)

Archived