Hasty Mistake blighting my life!

stinkymojo

Hi I download torrents using utorrent and have inadvertedly 'clicked' something I shouldn't!

The problem is that I download from two torrent sites, one without trouble, the other, was fine, however when clicking a torrent to download, an option box appeared,asking me something along the lines of if I wished to download further torrents did I require the Administrators password permission. In automatic haste I clicked yes and now nothing from this tracker will download, I am told on utorrent Error:Access is denied.

So the question is, how do I rectify my stupid and careless mistake? Is this to do with Windows Vista, the torrent site or the computer? I'm desperate here! Other torrents, work ok but sites accessed for the first time since this incident all refuse to torrent.

Many thanks in advance.

Err... I can only guess that you are on Vista and UAC is to blame. It sounds like you tried to save it to a folder to-which you don't have write access? Under the General tab where does "save as" say you're trying to save the file? If you STOP, right click, advanced, change download location somewhere else, does the error message go away?

No, the download location is fine, I'm still able to download from Dimeadozen fine, but not stuff from a site I was previously fine on. I can still download torrents from this exact same site on a different computer so it's not just a User Account issue at the site end, just a user issue on this computer because of the instruction I've accidentally given the computer. How I can rectify it I can't think?

Many thanks for your help.

I have no idea what dialog you're talking about. To be sure, you can check Ctrl-P -> Downloads... and Ctrl-P -> Other and clear them, say Apply then OK, then go back in and DISABLE the features for diffrent storage folders. Then delete and re-add or add NEW torrents from the site you had troubles on.... see if that fixes it. :/ If that doesn't work indeed it's a Vista problem and you'll need someone experienced in it to make it all better.

Archived