Error: The device is not ready.

lmjs

I recently, accidentally, formatted my external hard drive. I pulled the plug midway, but it was too late, the HD was gone. I couldn't recover the data so I decided to reformat the entire thing on purpose this time. I formated the entire drive and I scanned it for any errors. All checks came back green and said the drive was perfectly fine.

Now I come to my problem, as soon as I tried to use uTorrent after I checked it out, uTorrent keeps displaying the same error message. It keeps saying that "The device is not ready." and stops the torrent(s) from downloading. Only a few would work and the other torrents would just be turned off. I don't know how to fix it, any suggestions?

I've looked in the FAQ and haven't seen any reports of this type of error message.

... if you have torrents loaded or data listed on that volume (c: for example) it needs to be changed. You can change the data by right click, advanced, change download location. If the torrent is showing a red x and unable to open torrent message you'll have to manually edit the path in resume.dat Check out Ultima's B.F.E. (bencoded files editor below).

PLEASE NOTE: Backing up ALL relevant files before editing is recommended as B.F.E. comes with little additional support without specific questions.

Archived