Upload cyclically spikes down

microT

I'm a noob at torrenting. Been doing it for a week; running v.1.7.6, until I updated to 1.7.7 yesterday. Set-up is very standard according to Guides. 1 port, 4 torrents max, 3 download, etc. I run only Avast!, but disable it when torrenting. WinXP SP1 firewall is off. Today I raised my cache from 38Mb to 75Mb, and unchecked the boxes the Guide suggests. I've been uploading two torrents all day (no downloads) - unlimited - that I downloaded yesterday. Two hours ago I switched to just uploading one torrent. Then in the last hour the max upload limit graph spikes downward from 100 to 20 kB/s over 3 seconds, while at the same time the actual upload speed spikes upward from 80 to 100 kB/s over the same 3 seconds, in perfect counterpoint. This cycle repeat itself exactly every 10 minutes. I have no idea what is causing this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yes, of course. I looked at that a month ago, and periodically since then. Been going over so many Guides, FAQs, external links so many times in a compressed period that the ol'' brain sometimes seizes up. The scheduler is a perfect answer. I've considered the "alternate upload" but it doesn't help unless I'm online at the times I gave. The scheduler is a much better option. Thanks again for your considered help, J.

Archived