no incoming connections

trai

I have this message above the orange triangle. I've tried searching these forums and others to resolve this, and all answers that I have found tell me to forward my port, etc. I don't have my router hooked up to the computer at the moment, so is there another thing that is stopping me from getting the green tick.

I have tried everything in Ultima's "If you have speed issues read here" thread to no avail.

:/ Can't offer much more help or suggestions than have been given. If you've gone through all the steps in the how-to and my post ... trying to isolate where the connection isn't being forwarded from, it is likely your ISP simply blocks those ports. If trying rotating the port several times, including < 1024, 1025 <x <4096, and > 50000 doesn't work you are hopelessly blocked.

By RANDOM I mean you choose ANY port in that range. Letting uT choose it through "random" is useful, but there's no way when doing it by manually port-forwarding... That's what UPnP is for >< So since you're trying to isolate the problem, it's best to just do as MUCH as you can manually :/

The address you set in network connections just needs to be outside the DHCP server range.

Thank you for the replies. I'm beginning to think that it is my ISP that is the problem. I'll continue to play around with it, but I'm not overly fussed. It is still downloading, and I don't think I'm in that much of a rush to watch anything :)

I have tried many times to get my router linksys 54wrtg v8 modem motorola 2210 to get a port open. I've tried a different port number every time. I am using dsl from AT&T. I tried the speed test, I get on average 1500kbs down and 110 kbs up. I have the yellow sign. I've tried reading almost everything before I decided I needed help. I looked at the PortForwarding.com information. tried their tweaks. Called ATT and Linksys. I have download speed on average of .4kps down and up is usually 15-30kps.

I have read the manuals available. Is there something I'm missing? by the way, how do I include a picture in this message? I've tried the Open Office and received 150kb down. So these are my settings I've tried different ports, currently 57242, max up is 92, max down 0(infinite), BiTorrent Global max 150, max per torrent 100, upload 4, use additional up <90% checked. dht not enabled, enable local peer discovery, enable ask tracker for scrape information, enable peer exchange, not enabled limit peer band with, outgoing protocol encryption enabled, enabled allow incoming legacy connections, Queuing max active torrents 6, max downloads 5, seed while ration is:<=150% or seeding time is: (Ignore), scheduler is not enabled. I looked at the download for a big file and it started Jan 15. 6gb. only 65% today.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Archived