No incomming connections??? yellow triangle??????

hollandrob81

hi there all, ive been using torrents for a while now, but cant seem to get speeds of over 40k down. but normally its around 30. i have at one point gotten 500kbs, and when downloading from the internet i can get about 800kbs. please could you explain to me what the yelow triangle means? and is this why im getting the slow speeds. many many thanks in advnace. bob

OK, well some information about why you can still download when not forwarded, I'll refer to TheShad0w's guide @ http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html

HTTP downloads @ 800 KiBps means I'd gather you have a 8 Mbit cable line. The reason this is not the same for bittorrent (uTorrent) traffic is due to many ISPs shaping blocking or otherwise mangling filesharing traffic to "discourage" usage of it by their customers. If you've tested OpenOffice or Slackware as mentioned in the Setup Guide or How-To, and can achieve those speeds (500) then it's a matter of not enough peers on those swarms are forwarded.

Having read through the How-To and finding problems, you can check out my post to see if it clarifies things for you. If you've got specific questions please report below the steps you were able to do, and which steps you are stuck on :)

Archived