! Catagory Jump Keys Don't Work

Hi,

Pressing an alphanumeric key in the catagory pane does not jump to the next entry that starts with that key; it always jumps to the top (All). Only the navigation keys (up, down, pgup, pgdown, home, end) work as expected.

It is like this in at least 1.7.7 and has been for a while (perhaps since the start of the catagory feature).

category pane isn't a listview afaik. Typing only works in the main torrent pane listview and files tab.

You're right, it's a listbox in 1.7.7, but I'm pretty sure listboxes respond to keys. I'll check around and do some tests to see if that's the case.

It is a listview in 1.8.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, 1.8 has changed a little too much for me to use at the moment (custom-set layouts are not preserved).

Haven't ever tried this though.

You probably don't have too many catagories then. You should give it a try. ;) I didn't care much for them at first but when they made it so that you can have both static and dynamic catagories, I really began using them a lot and love it. Of course you need to be able to jump to them with the press of a key ot make them easier to use, so I look forward to using 1.8.

Labels are not categories. Sorting is preserved every restart. The only time it isn't is when upgrading your settings while new columns are added. And if you're intuitive enough to know what that means http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=68 gives you all the information you need to know. Truthfully if you want to make sure this feature works right, you should keep appraised of 1.8 development. It's even easier to run it self-encapsulated to keep your settings separate from 1.7. Hmm what happened to http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=303810#p303810

Categories and labels use the same pane, hotkey, and column, so there is at least some confusion and could use some clarification.

I tried 1.8 a week or so ago and it was the column selection and sizing that was the messed up.

I'll switch to self-contained mode, but that's a separate thing, I will still have to redo it when I switch to 1.8.

Heh, I do agree that this behavior should be made consistent throughout. That means *you*, Advanced settings! ;D

Woah you're right, Advanced Settings jumps to the top no matter what key you press and it IS a listview. What's more is that Name and Value are the only columns in there so it's not because of a hidden column, and Name is indeed column 0. Therefore I'm not sure why it's doing that since jump-keys are a built-in feature of the common control, and don't need to be programmed externally. :|

It is a listview in 1.8.

You're right, it is a listview in 1.8, but the jump-keys don't work in that either, they still jump to the top in 1.8.

Archived