the path does not exist or is not a directory

sallam

uTorrent used to work fine, but suddenly is started to ask me for a containing folder to save the downloaded movie or whatever. Not just that, but when I try to go to the containing folder where it should save the file, it says "the path does not exist or is not a directory".

This happened when I was using version 175. Now with upgrading to 177, the same problem still exist.

How can I fix this? things used to be fine, and utorrent used to create those folders by itself.

edit:

I got it. my fault.

I just found that somehow "append the torrent's label to the directory name" was unticked. And I also found out that uTorrent creates the folder only when file download starts, not before that.

btw, it would be nice if uTorrent developers made ticking/unticking options happens only when the little box itself is ticked. Currently, ticking anywhere in the text line affects the tick status, which causes frequent accidental ticking/unticking unwillingly.

That suggestion won't work because µTorrent can't predict how wide the string of text will be when drawn. The only thing it can do is give leeway in the form of extra space to the right (especially considering the fact that µTorrent is a multi-language application where translations might take more or less space). You'll notice the exact same behavior almost anywhere in Windows.

Archived