Connectability Issues....

jshunter81

You're overloading the tracker's NAT checker. It happens sometimes, just seems to be more often with µT, especially if you run more than one torrent at once.

Actually wrong.

This keeps getting blamed on overloaded trackers which does happen as we all know.

Problem here is there is a very real issue with utorrent not conecting with some trackers period, when every other client does over and over.

This is easly recreated on demand so many times that it destroys any chance of this being a tracker issue.

This is a amazing client but ignoreing the fact that its got a very major tracker problem is causing people to stay away from it.

Why are they going to use it when it doesn't work with half the trackers from a certain (mini) site. (just one example)

Its been posted in the bug reporter but not even comented on which i find amazing since its so easly recreated.

I use this on a very very private site with a private tracker thats never overloaded and utorrent flat out refuses to conect and its the only client that does this, so either every other client and this tracker has a problem or utorrent does (anythings possiable but this ones rather unlikely...lol).

Have you tried deleting settings.dat? I recall that fixing some issues others had.

Also, if it's only happening with lots of torrents, you ARE overloading the NAT checker. Try starting them one by one.

As for people staying away from it, it works for most people, and most trackers don't use connectability checkers anyway (and many that do don't do anything with it)

Have you tried deleting settings.dat? I recall that fixing some issues others had.

Also, if it's only happening with lots of torrents, you ARE overloading the NAT checker. (I think it may have something to do with µT not aggregating the scrapes/announces) Try starting them one by one.

As for people staying away from it, it works for most people, and most trackers don't use connectability checkers anyway (and many that do don't do anything with it)

Overloading does happen with public trackers too be sure.

But people being as they are want there torrent now now now and a client that refuses to conect to the tracker does slow the whole mess down.

Also what happens when your on a private site the doesn't uses dht (no suprise there) and utorrent doesn't link up?

Presently this is the only reason i keep bitcomet around, since for all its failings it conects to everything which is sometimes needed.

Once this is fixed and encryption i would say azureus is in deep trouble.

Downloading a documentary on global warming from a university site (free to all) and utorrent never hooks up.

Now bitcomet,azureus and so on do it easly evertime with 100ms yet utorrent does use this type of tracker.

This tracker is never overloaded and the only client that never conects is utorrent so what is it, really really bad luck on utorrents part or that the client has a tracker problem?

Lets asume for a moment that some of the people posting this problem aren't newbees and do understand how things work and that there is a problem instead of ignoring the facts.

• 2 months later...
Try starting them one by one.

My computer auto-boots up at 2 pm when I'm not at home, how am I supposed to make the torrents start one by one ?

Is there some setting I could try ? or do I have to program by myself some kind of script ?

µTorrents seems to be a really fine client but in 2 weeks using it I just got bored of being Unconnectable on most of my torrents when I actually was connectable with ABC.

I hope the developpement team will find a way to fix this, or I'm afraid most of the bittorrent community will get rid of µTorrent and get some other client.

(In the meantime I tried to set net.max_halfopen to 1 but doesn't work either)

Err, I'm running SP1, so I guess there's no need to patch.

Edit : I read a post somewhere else, and I guess I'll try patching even though.

Edit n°2 : I'm noob lol => WinXP SP1 or lower = Your system has no limitation, no patching needed.

I only have a dozen of torrents starting when I lauch µTorrent so I don't understand why most of them are not connectable...

Is there a way to make µTorrent start one torrent at once ? and proceed one by one ? as you advised me to do ?

And could µTorrent detect my connectability for each torrent ?

Archived