100/100Mbit but sloooooow

oRth

Hello,

I just can't seem to get utorrent to gain any speed.. My record with this client is 300k when I usually have 3000k in both directions with BitComet. Any other one out here that has the same connection as me and can help me with the settings please?

Cheers

/oRth

Rule of thumb is to set your upload speed limit to 70% of your hardware upload capacity. In your case, 100mb(1.25mB/s), set upload speed limit to about 500-750. Set upload slots to something like 25-100. Set max peers per torrent to at least 500. Thing is, you will rarely get as much download as upload because all the other peers will have much slower connections than you most of the time. You will almost never get high speeds for torrents that have less peers than what your connection can support. Beware, there is the possibility that your connection is faster than at least one router between you and the internet.

ML

I wouldn't set any speedlimit at all actually since the overhead won't be notable on a 100Mbps line. And 100Mbps = 12.5MB/s so a 70% limit would be 8.75MB/s.

However, set the Global max # of connections to 2000 and Max connections per torrent to 150. The upload slots works better if you set them in the torrentspecific properties box for some reason.

And I think the only one other than you that has such a pipe here are boo and tjobo. Copy their settings and see if it makes you satisfied.

Site I wanted to banned BC and I couldn't get utorrent to go over 300KB/s but I set the connections up and that worked (was set to max 300 or so connections and uploads in normal settings but I got lots of "u" which means they want the file and I dont' want to give it)

I did what he said with the settings on the torrent itself and it's going 850 now (still not the 1050KB/s I'd expect)

Anyway I think the difference is the lack of disk cache option

PS setting a max limit of your upload to something like 80% is really stupid on a symetrical connection if it actually will go those speeds. 80% of your upload thats like 1/6 of your download is the equivelent of a symmetrical limiting upload speed to like 97% of max lol.

Did you raise the global upload slots? in Torrent options, set "Number of upload slots per torrent" to 25. It should help you out.

Additionally, you can also cap your upload to 99% of your actual maximum or something and turn on "Use additional upload slots if speed <90%"

It doesn't work? Hmm...

edit2: No, it's working alright. It takes 30 seconds for the value to take effect when you change it. Sort by flags, you should see a lot of capital U (meaning you unchoked them), which wouldn't be the case if upload slots in Torrent Options wasn't working.

Archived