Status. Error. The syst.....

reuven

After the download starts I get message in Status column--Error. The syst.... This occurs even after unloading a certain amount. What does this mean. I have not found this meeage in FAQ or forum. Also I suggest that in subject of a posting, there should be an indication of the problem, such as in mine.

You should resize the statuscolumn so that you can read the whole message. It would be easier to troubleshoot it then. Just doubleclick between the statuscolumn header and the one to the right of it when the message appears.

Thank you. The full message reads "The system cannot find the path specified".

But with other files that I downloaded at the same time, there is no trouble.

I have carried what has been advised but with no success. I also deleted the torrent files and reloaded to C:\ torrents .I get from 2 to 7 0r more peers, but soon afterwards I get the same message, and in addition on some other files there is a message " cannot find FILE specified" So is there a solution.? Please help,

Merged Post(s):

I am posting again. I start to download 2 files of various sizes. 3 and more peers, all downloading. After a few seconds there is error mesage "system cannot find file specified" I can keep on repeating this procedure, and one of the files has got up to 2.5% done and the other 1.0% done. If it was any thing to do with a long file name, or if the file could not be found, no downloading would start at all. So if there is explanation or cure please let me know. At the moment I have to keep force starting these files, which means staying with the computer, night and day for several days!!!

EDIT by silverfire: The edit link exists for a very good reason.

I am only using local path. Windows98se. Fat 32. It doen't seem to be any thing to do with size of files, some large files download without any trouble, and with files much smaller there is this trouble.. Other users using Windows98se, that I know of, don't seem to have the same difficulty

I an using win98se not XP, Clicking on file dosn't give you file name.but by going to properties I get this name for one of the files causing trouble.

RichardWagnerDerRingdesNibelungen154903.Demonoid.com.torrent

No the name does not have non-english fonts.

This is the file name of one of the files that gave no trouble.

The-Ring_Disc_[CD-Rom]_Der_Ring__des_Nibelungen_[WAGNER][The_Ring.3329571.TPB-torrent

Besides these files I am often getting ';Tracker status:offline(timed out). When I start to download a new file. Does that mean the tracker is not looking for any peers?

• 1 year later...

I just did a system restore, and of course i loose my torrents because i didn't know what to do with them...now i wanna know if is a possibility to take the torrents from where i left them...a message error appears...

i must start them all over again?if it's so i don't like it 'cause they were almost finished...my fault!

Archived