! Persistent Sorting

Hi,

µTorrent does not seem to keep the sort state between sessions. For example, if you click a column header to sort that list view it will sort it and highlight the selected column. If you then quit µTorrent and run it again, that column is no longer the highlighted, selected sort column. I like how µTorrent remembers the widths of the columns between sessions, now it just needs to save and restore the sort settings.

Thanks.

µTorrent does not keep the sort state between sessions... <snip>

...and the tab also -> general-tab is since v1.3 always in front ;-(

but load 'last state' at startup is not really a needed feature, thats just a crap of modern bloated appz :cool:

...and the tab also -> general-tab is since v1.3 always in front ;-(

Yup, that too.

but load 'last state' at startup is not really a needed feature, thats just a crap of modern bloated appz :cool:

But by that token, so is remembering the column widths, which it does. :) It's just user friendlyness. Nobody likes to have to set things up the way they like/need it each and every time they run an app.

If anything, uTorrent might be a tiny bit faster if there was an option to NOT sort sources. This would only make much of a difference if you have 200+ sources though. Having sorting on while doing resolve ip lookups probably would be the biggest cpu hit, and even then it's pretty low.

I usually have all the torrents unhighlighted so uTorrent doesn't have to sort all the time, so this is really a non-issue.

...but it is nice to see what kind of ip churn you have with sorting off, as I see MANY ips that I cannot upload or download more than 5 MB to before they go POOF! and reconnect.

I believe foxyshadis is right - sorting does get saved, Just not re-highlighted. A minor issue really.

I thought it might but had not confirmed it. The code to highlight as well as the code to restore sorting on startup are already in there so it would be trivial, and not any bloat, to also restore highlighting. :)

How is it bloat when you're simply adding one more line to the settings file?

Personally I don't consider things like tab presence persistency important, come on how hard is it to switch tabs and how often do you restart µT?

but load 'last state' at startup is not really a needed feature' date=' [i']thats just a crap of modern bloated appz :cool:

How is it bloat when you're simply adding one more line to the settings file?

Personally I don't consider things like tab presence persistency important, come on how hard is it to switch tabs and how often do you restart µT?

It's not bloat because all of the code is already there.

I don't know about you, but I have to pay for electricity so I cannot leave my system on all the time, I shutdown each night; so I retstart µTorrent at least once a day (if things go particularly well and there's no need to reboot). Remembering the configuration that the user has set is just user-friendly. It's a pain in the butt to have to keep changing things back to the way you like them, especially if there's several such things. Imagine if you had to keep setting the theme, window position, font size, resolution, and so on each time you booted Windows. You would want Microsoft to remember as much as possible; same goes for all software.

I'm talking specifically about which torrent was selected and which tab was open on that torrent.

This info is unnecessary - especially since it is reset every time you deselect a torrent (and if you turn off your PC before you go to bed, are you really going to remember which torrent and tab you set anyway?).

I'm talking specifically about which torrent was selected and which tab was open on that torrent.

This info is unnecessary - especially since it is reset every time you deselect a torrent (and if you turn off your PC before you go to bed, are you really going to remember which torrent and tab you set anyway?).

No, probably not. But then again, if you've got a few small, low-priority torrents and a larger important one, you'll probably want to keep that the active one. But in that case it's not a big deal, just one click. :)

Archived