download arrow turned from blue to red!

twiggs396

hi my downloads were going at a reasonable speed, 105kB/s seems to the the absolute limmit for some reason. anyway

the small download ikon on the left when the torrent is downloading is normally blue, mine have turned red and the speed is 0.1kB/s for each. the green light at the bottom is still on though

any ideas anyone???

thanks

What is the tracker status.. that elucidates the obvious problem. What the cause is can be tricky though... If you go to Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent, try switching the protocol encryption to Forced and disallow legacy connections... Do the peers stay connected then? How long after starting uT do the peers disconnect? Does it happen each time you start uT after this certain time... or was this only the first time happening??

hi it has happened before stay this way for a few hours and then it sorts itself out they are healthy again now so i will have to look at tthe tracker status when they are heathly again i dont know why the max i get is 105kb/s im on a 8mb line and iam using popular seeds like seeds 50(3363) ??

Err.. Click Guides, click the second link... it's what I call a "primer" because it gets you acquainted with bittorrent and the process of torrenting if you're new. If you have specific technical questions btfaq.com is another good resource.

But to go back to your original problem... the trackers go red I think because your ISP enforces some sort of "limit"... check to see if the offline errors happen at the same time every day. That will help you work around the block, i.e. making sure you announce to the tracker just prior so you will have at least a newer peerlist, or peerlist subset from the tracker. REMEMBER even if you can't connect to the tracker peers YOU KNOW about will still connect, and OTHERS who know about YOU will try to connect to you :)

Archived