Whats the purpose of this?

noobseeder

You bring up a very interesting point there, Morpheus. If indeed BitComet has failed in the eyes of most tracker owners, µTorrent must stay as far away as possible from integrating its features that are considered to be bad. The only good thing so far that came out of BitComet was Protocol Header Encryption, but I'm unsure how much longer that advantage would've lasted anyway, with all the ISP wolves constantly trying to bring down BitTorrent as a whole... :(

Hey BitComet really isn't all that bad... until they started ignoring private flags and now I hear rumors about preferential treatment of other BitComet peers... before µTorrent, it was my client of choice though... I really liked the interface. And almost every other torrent client allows you to ban peers. I'd like to ban some peers simply because I feel like it- (prime reasons: I don't like the garbage I see in their client field, or I don't like where it looks like their IP address is going).

yes this may seem "impolite" but it should still be my choice.

You can add a peer to your peerlist with Add Peer, but it doesn't mean it'll connect to it.

Umm i added a couple of uTorrent client user to the 1 u mentioned above (Add Peer) thinking that i could kinda prioritize them (hook 'em up more DL speed while i was seeding) But then some how they're DL from me just stoped =\ So how do i go back... un-add them to the Add Peer thingy ?

The only good thing so far that came out of BitComet was Protocol Header Encryption

I agree, but it's a shame they won't let everyone else know how they do it..

see BitLord. Its being treated basically the same as the Comet. Heh.

Because it is? IIRC, it's just the same as BC, except it has adware thrown in and integrated search? Correct me if I'm wrong.

splintax: BitLord is an old version of BitComet with ad-ware bundled, they purchased an old version's source from BitComet. All they did was change the version to BitComet/0101

Animorc: peers are removed after 30 minutes of them disconnecting, re-adding the peer won't make it reconnect

• 2 weeks later...

So you can Add Peer your friend for example and it will appear if he is connectable? Well my friend is connectable for sure, but I can't get him on my peer list. So maybe need a fix there.

And another great way of downloading faster would be an option to select and search for peers from my country by resolved ip's.

For example if you are originally from uk fr or whatever wouldn't it be faster to download from peers *.uk *.fr (if there are some in swarm)

Archived