Yellow Triangle Errors

GruntTech

I know this is all over the forums, but frankly I can't get to the bottom of it. I am using version 1.7.7 I started by manually configuring the tcp port to 15XXX on both utorrent and my router. I disabled UPnP port mapping. I optimized my settings based on utorrent setup guide. I still get the same error. My connection tested speed is

720 Downstream

140 Upstream

I performed a short test download using openoffice and I was downloading at about 80k a second. So the speed seems to be there. My dsl modem has its firewall features turned off. As I said before my router has been configured for port mapping. My computer's local IP address of 192.168.2.2 never changes. I have a dynamic IP address from my DSL service. I use Zonealarm Free as my firewall and Avast as my anti virus. Uttorent has full permission to for internet access. I have experimented with both the anti virus and the firewall being turned of during the course of testing. Any new ideas would be helpful in solving this problem. I have even gone as far as completely disconnecting my router from the loop in order to figure this out. I have even enabled protocol encryption to try to rule my ISP out as the problem.

Thanks in advance

jewelisheaven would you please repost your link "my post" I am getting a "Error: Unable to find site's URL to redirect to."

Also, Why is Zonealarm such a bad firewall now? I have used for years and have had no problems. I even use Zonealarm with Anti virus at work with the default settings for utorrent and I always get the green. What is a good alternative to it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

You have probably resolved this now but I have been having similar problems - I recently changed from Norton to Avast antivirus and Windows Defender. uTorrent stopped working and I thought it was a webshield setting in Avast, I couldn't work it out so went right through all the port forwarding shenanigans again - but have just tracked the problem down to Windows Firewall. Try this:

Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Exceptions tab > Add Port... > Enter Name [uTorrent], Enter Port [Your Port] > OK

Also make sure Exceptions are allowed by unchecking "Don't allow exceptions" on the Windows Firewall > General tab.

Maybe avast reset windows firewall settings during installation.

Hope this helps somebody!

I have switched to Comodo and it seems to be stable but my hopes of this fixing the problem when sploosh. Seriously though I just not sure what to try next. Comodo's nice at showing me that my ports seem open. I have a DSL modem which has no firewall features enabled. I did try to route my ports in it to the ports on my router but this made no difference in my tests. I even disabled upnp on my dsl modem as well as my router. What do I try next ???

Archived