Downloading More then known

thpackfan

when I was using Utorrent just now I noticed that I was downloading 480k but the list of torrents only showed about 100k. I then Paused all and the download showed about 300k still downloading I opened task manager an the downloading was also noted there(about 300k) I am trying to get automatic rss downloading working but I thought they would appear in list.

I'm looking for ideas on why utorrent is downloading something but I can't see what.

Thx

I am seeing all. When I restarted utorrent this morning to check, it was almost immediately showing 300k being downloaded(this was before the actual torrents started). I went into task manager and it showwed the same activity.

I then shut down utorrent and all activity ceased. This shows that Utorrent is the program doing the actual downloading but I have no idea what it might be. Any other suggestions to see background downloading in utorrent?

I had the same problem - with All my torrents paused I closed utorrent. As soon as I re-opened utorrent the graph lines jumped to the setdownload & upload limits (right click system tray icon.

Move the either of the settings up or down and the graph immediately moved accordingly.

But when I changed the upload & download settings to "Unlimited" the graph line instantly dropped to zero.

Go figure!

I'm sure there must be a valid technical explanation but it is well beyond me.

That's not the same problem, it's an aesthetic issue. Sure there are times I'd like the graph to stay at a set limit, but 1) there is no option for that, it auto-sizes for the highest appropriate value visible at the time and 2) agreed, when you unset the limit, the line should go away ... like it does.

I'm still curious what's using the OP's extra 3 Mbit download though :/

Archived