allow certain downloads only

palman

not sure if this is the right section, but is there any way to allow only certain people to get from you.

If i can explain a little better. for example, kick people off.

or more specifically if i allow 40k upload, and i have 10 people grabbing, i can set it to 1 i know, but can i set it to a specific 1 person to get all my slot as it were?

To give an example of this, i have 10 people grabbing filea, 9 of of those people are on say 20% but one is on 95%, if i only allow one slot, there is no way ( i know ) to only let the 95% get exclusive access to my slot.

yeah i can see what your getting at, but i was talking for genuine reasons. I use a ratio site a lot, and there fore the quicker i send stuff up the higher my ratio, so to speak

sometimes i find if i limit my slots to say 2, then its not always the faster ones that get them, if that makes sense, so its not just fastest but sometimes to helps someone to finish off.

Again sometimes the request seeds, and unless i am doing utorrent wrong, if i seed too much everyone get like 2 or 3k each, i'd much rather have 2 or 3 people have 7k each.

but if its already been requested and rejected, i guess you guys got some reason for that.

The Queueing options control slots. If you want to upload to 3 people at once, set 3 upload slots. Generally speaking TOTAL_UPLOAD / (TOTAL_TORRENTS * UPLOAD_SLOTS) > 3 KiBps is good. It all depends upon your main goal. If your goal is to get the most data out, then that's fine. If you want to get the next seeder out with the least upload on your end turn on super-seeding. There isn't a way to combine the two, due to the wait super seeding WAITS for the piece you uploaded to someone to be GOT by someone else. Therefore the larger the piecesize and the slower the OTHER peers' upload the lnoger the "downtime" between sending pieces out.

Archived