error message opening windows firewall but windows firewall removed

AntePrandium

I frequently get an error message saying uTorrent can not open Windows Firewall even though I have removed Windows Firewall. Most the time it seems to happen when I've lost the connection. Sometimes restarting uTorrent works, sometimes I have to restart my computer. And sometimes neither works, and I have to remove the torrent/files and redownload and start all over.

Any ideas as to what is causing this. (Oh yes, too, I remove anti-virus, antispyware as well but to no avail.)

Much prefer uTorrent over the Azureus that I was using and don't want to go back but I didn't have this problem with Azureus.

Thank you.

Thank you for the response.

Can't just ignore it though. The download stops. It goes through the checking procedure and shows how many seeds/peers there are, but download/upload doesn't happen. And with uTorrent running when I try to repair the connection it can't because it can't renew the IP address. When I turn off uTorrent the repair happens.

And with uTorrent still not working I fire up Asureus and no problem, which indicates that somehow uTorrent is causing the problem not Windows.

I would like to find a solution because like I said I prefer uTorrent.

Thanks.

Switeck, thank you for the advice. I'm not exactly sure what binding is, but I'll find out and give it a try. It could be the answer and wouldn't that be wonderful.

Firon, you could be right that WF is unrelated, but with the WF popping up every time in the log when uTorrent stopped downloading, I just assumed that it was related. So you're probably right it's not the cause, but just a sympton.

Thanks for the link, too. I'd saw that earlier, but because my problem didn't seem to be the same I didn't pursue (my torrents go along fine, then, at apparently random percent completes, stop entirely.)

Finally, thanks too, about the reminder to read rules before posting, which I did to make sure my post conformed.

Thank you.

Archived