Help-I have red lights on all my torrents and I am not connectable

igotproblems

I love uTorrent, but over the past month a problem has emerged. From time to time (including right now) and without warning he lights on all my torrents go from green or blue to red--regardless of which site I am dl'ing or up'loading from. My previously begun torrrents continue flowing, but the sites (four different ones at this moment) from which I got the trackers do not show any activity on my part or show my connectivity as "unknown." Also, I cannot get new torrents started promptly. One effort to start a torrent has failed to connect after ten minutes or so--very unusual--while another one just began as I type these words, despite the red lights.

This does not seem specific to me. I still get the little green check mark at the bottom of the screen showing that my networks connections are working as they should. I can still go to any site I want on the internet.

This has happened several times over the last few weeks. Typically, the lights begin going green or blue within the hour. The first time I shut down uTorrent and restarted it and all was better when it came back on, but that might have been a coincidence. One site forum I visited suggested "net congestion" but I have no idea what that means when I able to visit sites and download trackers.

Right now, all lights are red. I am using 1.7.7, btw.

What do these red lights mean? What can I do to address this?

Many thanks--I should have checked them before I Posted in a Panic. The problem resolved itself all by itself within an hour. What is odd--and not entirely consistent with the FAQ entry--is that I got red lights on torrents from four different sites, suggesting that the problem is not specific to one site's problems., In any event, many thanks, and I love uTorrent--my ratios have climbed steadily since I started using it.

Archived