uTorrent stopped working, but no error messages.

v3ritas

I have been using uTorrent for little over a year now on my laptop. I had everything configured as I wanted it at home, and at places I frequently visited. At home my internet began to crash ~30 mins after I launched uTorrent. I had heard something about Comcast blocking torrent downloads so I figured that was it, only to recently discover that my router is one of those that crashes due to too many connections.

However, it always worked just fine at my families house with their TDS internet service, and Actiontec wireless router. Until this most recent visit that is. Now 95% of the time uTorrent will not connect to any seeds or peers, and during that other 5% it will connect to only 1. It tells me that I have no incoming connections, and when I run the port checker it says the port is not forwarded properly. Nothing has changed in the setup since the last visit in which it was working just fine. I have double checked and the settings are all the same, I even deleted them, and redid the process step by step following the instructions from the website. Still no go. My laptop does have AVG now which it didn't before, but it didn't pose a problem at home, so I don't know why it should here.

As the subject states, I am receiving no error messages, and I am at my wits end as far as troubleshooting myself. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have tried downloading openoffice, and not only will it not DL but it shows no seeds or peers available. All of the other torrents I am either attempting to DL or seeding show 100s of seeds and peers, but none connected. Occasionally it will even connect to one, but DL nothing at all.

Firon: I appreciate your input, but I had actually already done all of those things, with the exception of 2. Which were disabling DHT, and changing the half open connections to 4. I did those two, and fully restarted router and laptop. The problem remains the same. uTorrent says there are over 200 seeds and over 500 peers each for the 2 files I am presently trying to download and yet the first gets no connections at all, and the second has only 1 DLing at 1.9kbps (though more often it is connected to the one, and not DLing at all). OpenOffice shows no seeds, or peers and isn't DLing at all.

It also still says that my port is not forwarded properly. Though I know for a fact that it is, and my firewall is configured at present to allow all traffic on all ports and protocols.

Also

If you forwarded it where you KNOW about hardware perhaps my post about additional places to check.... may shed some light. However given that OOo doesn't even download, there is a larger external problem. Either your software firewall or security suite is not allowing uT access to trackers, or your ISP is. If it's your ISP you may notice this problem intermittently.. i.e. it will go away after 2am localtime. If it's your software my post above should give you ideas of where to look.

Edit (Ultima): Fixed URL...

Ultima: Yes unfortunately the Actiontec piece of garbage is the whole shabang. Modem+Wireless Router. It's the worst I think I have dealt with in recent memory.

jewel:thanks I will check that out. It is intermittent but not like it was when the problem was too many global connections on my netgear router. I considered that it might be my software security suite, however, I am currently running AVG 7.5 Internet Security, and have it set to allow all. So it shouldn't be.

EDIT: jewel your tinyurl comes up as invalid.

Further Edit: As of a few hours ago everything has turned to red. Previously I had green and blue icons for the files I was downloading/seeding just no DL/UL traffic. Now I am showing seeds for all files, peers for none, and no traffic at all.

Also I installed the alpha (it says beta btw) and enabled teredo and still got nothing.

Archived