Torrent stalls while performing a check

Mind_Bender

Am new to using utorrent and have encoutered a problem..i was downloading a 16.5 gb file..which was at 94% when my computer got shut off by mistake and i had to reboot...when i started utorrent again..it started performing a check on the file like it usually does..but the check was not going beyond 80.9% and it was making my comp hang...so i decided to -

a) delete the torrent file and add the same file from the original link coz i thought maybe the torrent file got corrupted...even this time it got stuck at 80.9% while performing a check

B) then i decided to do the same process again (mentioned above in 'a') but i checked the 'skip' option on the file (right at the begining of the download when the program asks you which files you want to download from the torrent) which i believed was causing the checking to stop at 80.9% (the file the check was getting stuck at basically)..but no luck it again got stuck at 80.9% (and for some strange reason did not skip checking the file i had selected to skip for downloading but went about checking it anyway and got stuck on it)

c) i did one last thing i changed the location of the torrent file to my desktop..while taking the backup of the original...but even then no luck..

i really need help...it took me 8 days to download this file as my download speed is realllyyy bad!!! pls help....tksss

... What do you mean get stuck? The "Checking X%" starts @ 0 and goes to 100. After the check is complete, the torrent will resume whatever state it previously was in, whether it was started or force started.

After incorrect shutdowns (read as: crashes or power outages) you will lose incomplete pieces, therefore a regression in completed % is not uncommon.

Re-adding the torrent does not have any effect on the data on disk. Skipped files are still checked. Changing download location of data ALSO results in a re-check.

i am trying something new...lets see what happens...

1) i cut the file which i believed was causing the check to stall out of the download directory and pasted it elsewhere..i also checked the same file to be skipped for download

2) i right clicked on the torrent and went into properties and in the general section where all the trackers are listed..re-aligned the trackers...for example - open.tracker etc was 1st on the list..so i changed that position with sumo.tracker etc which was last on the list..again by cutting and pasting....

lets see what happens...shall report back...but thanks again for trying to help..appreciate it!!

oh my god!! IT WORKED!!!!!....i did exactly what i said in my last post...

"i am trying something new...lets see what happens...

1) i cut the file which i believed was causing the check to stall out of the download directory and pasted it elsewhere..i also checked the same file to be skipped for download

2) i right clicked on the torrent and went into properties and in the general section where all the trackers are listed..re-aligned the trackers...for example - open.tracker etc was 1st on the list..so i changed that position with sumo.tracker etc which was last on the list..again by cutting and pasting....

lets see what happens...shall report back...but thanks again for trying to help..appreciate it!!"

and it DID NOT check the file this time....instead it skipped the file completely and went onto checking the file after that..finished checking the entire torrent and is now downloading.....now against the file i believed to be corrupted it shows 0.0% done and 0% under %. also in the status bar (the blue coloured one in the general section which shows the progress) there is a gap - which i believe is the file i removed.

in theory i believe it looked for the downloaded file to check..since it did not find it..it went ahead...AM I RELIEVED!!!!

i also believe if i uncheck 'skip' on the file now...it will re-download it..so as to complete the entire torrent download.....lets see will try that when reach the end.....

thanks again for all your feedback!!!!!

well..just wanted to report that i have managed to download everything successfully..even the file i skipped!! i put it to download at 99.9% and it started downloading...in theory i believe this is becoz i was downloading multiple files (a tv series) so one file got corrupted and was spoiling the check to stop..if it was a movie then i think i wld've not managed to recover it as it wld've been a single file...tks again to all for pitchin in!!

Archived