Can files for torrent creation be in any folder?

dakota1

I tried to create a torrent based on files in a folder E:/foldername. (In creation, I clicked on add directory and selected E:\foldername.) I saved the torrent and uploaded it to the site. When I tried to check it by opening the torrent from the site, nothing would happen. The file status lines were all red. I chatted with help on the torrent site and finally moved the files to c:\Users\username\documents to get the tracker update to find them. How to I create a torrent that looks to the folder I want to use for uploads? I don't want everything in my documents folder.

Thanks in advance.

The only thing that matters is that you point to the correct folder when you start seeding.

You can select force re-check to be sure.

The path for creating torrents is completely up to you (read unimportant), because utorrent only checks the DATA in the torrents, not the path or directory structure.

All is good now. I was just not setting the location in utorrent correctly when I opened the torrent. I was missing the step where you select the download site to correspond to the site the original files were located. Now my check and progress on to seed is working. Thanks for the head slap to get me on line there torrero and jewelisheaven. (Coulda had a V8.)

Archived