Capfasem.exe 99% while running uTorrent

madc0wdisease

Hi folks. I did a search for this, didn't find it, so I'm creating a new thread.

I'm having a problem where capfasem.exe (which is part of the CA Security Center) will crank right up to 99% of processor usage whenever I run uTorrent. This doesn't affect my upload or download speed by much, but it causes me not to be able to use any other program while uTorrent is running. Not to mention, it's stressing the heck out of my processor.

I can work around it by simply killing capfasem.exe in the task manager, but obviously I don't like doing that since it is helping protect my computer.

Google searches come up with nothing but hijack this logs from people having other problems and just so happen to be using CA Security as well, which doesn't help me, because none of them share the same issue as me.

Any CA users have this problem or know how to correct it?

I had this issue as well. I noticed in my CA firewall settings that there were two entries for utorrent.exe. One of them was named something like utorrent_1.exe. I closed uTorrent, deleted both firewall entries, then started uTorrent and re-added the entry for it in the firewall via the pop-ups. From then on it hasn't been eating up my CPU. Hope that helps you.

• 5 months later...

I had that problem too, which brought me here. I believe I found the majority of the problem. At least on my machine.

Go into "Network Neighborhood" or "My Network Places" and you will likely notice "msn.community". I don't how it got there, but one of these programs must have put it there. If you see it, just delete it. The Firewall is going nuts trying to block all the people in that community from connecting to your PC.

:-) Hope that works for ya'll ...

Archived