Can Utorrent automatically open/start new torrents on Mac?

mjs31

I have Utorrent installed using Darwine etc and everything works find. Now I am wondering the best way for Utorrent to start a new download? I click on a file or link and it goes to my downloads. Do I have to then open Utorrent separately and then add Torrent file or is there a way for to automatically open?

Thanks

You have it right. The issue I have is now that I loaded everything up and have it running, I cannot find my original utorrent.exe to even see if that would work. I have a Utorrent.lnk file on my desktop which I can double click to open utorrent, but my original utorrent.exe is no longer in my applications folder (not sure where all of this setup puts the original file). Also, I do not have the option to select the utorrent.lnk file when setting up my file associations.

Any ideas?

It does not work this way. I am sure I am missing something, but unlike windows, I cannot do a properties and then find original. I can get info, but cannot find the actual file being linked to. This is probably because .lnk is really a windows extension.

The process windown in "winehelper" lists it as c:\program Files\Utorrent\utorrent.exe

But this is not a valid macintosh address. Not sure where it is storing this. Maybe some virtual drive or something...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1421017

I've used something like this before while messing with Wine under Linux, but I'm not really sure it fully matches your needs (or whether it's possible to do the same thing under Mac OS X).

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can launch the .exe file directly as an associated application -- you need to launch wine with the µTorrent path as the parameter along with the path to the .torrent file, translated to a "normal" Windows path (Wine comes with such a utility, though I don't remember exactly what it was).

Archived