Typical DL time for 704MB file on DSL?

n2mexicans

Thank you both. I finally downloaded the file, in a .avi format. I can't find anywhere in the FAQ as what to do now. I've tried associating it with utorrent to open, but I thought I read somewhere I have to save the file, changing the suffix to .torrent. When I open with MS Media player, I can hear the movie, but only see psychedelic skins from Media player. What have i not done? BTW, I'm a PC idiot, but can do a root canal!

Maybe I wasn't clear. I downloaded the file just as the Guide instructed. The file shows up on my utorrent list(only one) with a file extension of .avi. What do I do next to see the movie? I read and read, but there is no step by step guide. I've not tried to do anything except associate the download with utorrent in an effort to open it, but apparently, there is more to it than that. I appreciate any help anyone is willing to lend.

Ok so I am new to UTorrent so I have a few questions. 1. Decided I didn't want to download a file for another 9 hours...removed it all. UTorrent still shows activity is the green speed bar area? Why? 2. After I have downloaded files,seeded, and deleted, is there still anyway to trace what I have done? I run Protowall, peergardian and blocKlist. AM I Protected? 3. How long should I seed a file after D/L ? :/

1) Activity consists of other torrents as well. How many other torrents did you have running? They connect to peers and trackers when active, and tracker communication when inactive is an option. So is RSS traffic. And don't forget DHT

2) Protected from what, since it was concluded blocking is useless, if you worry about being flagged for infringing copyright don't download it.

3) It is courtesy to seed to 1.0 ratio, which means you uploaded as much as you downloaded. It is up to your personal preference however.

Archived