No new peers unless "update tracker"

ultratoad

For example, I would be first to connect to a new torrent, and I'd be downloading from just the seeder. I would be connected to just that 1 seeder with no peers for 30+ minutes until the tracker automatically updates again. Then suddenly I get updated, going from no peers (aside from the seeder) to suddenly hundreds of peers.

In other words, as new peers connect to the torrent, I don't get connected to them as they join the torrent. I have to wait till the tracker updates or if I manually keep hitting "update tracker" to refresh for more peers.

The torrents have DHT disabled as it's a private site. I have the same problem on all other private sites that I use. Nobody else seems to have the same problem. I haven't had this problem on these same sites before on my old computer (was using ut 1.6.1 at the time). I have checked that I am "connectable". I have no firewall nor any NAT (hence no need for port forwarding). Could it be some settings problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It actually shows 5 IP's. But all 5 leads to the same machine.

Anyway, after what you said, I went into utorrent's preference and changed a setting.

Under "IP/Hostname to report to tracker" I entered the IP address. And that seemed to have fixed it. So yes, the problem seemed to have been resolved. Couldn't have done it without your comment. Thanks!

Archived