checking files

twiggs396

When you close uT it is possible that the program exits before all the tasks are completed. You can try Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> bt.graceful_shutdown to see if that's the case. (This is an alternate explanation compared to write permissions) If so that means upon closing the uT process may "hang" in memory for a minute but it will close when done. Be sure the hard drive is connected UNTIL uT CLOSES. :) Feel free to report back results.

as far as I know. I've never heard about this recheck affecting seeding torrents however in recent memory I haven't even experienced this so I can't say for certain it's not happening the way you describe. Please be sure to check that the drive with your data is active before starting uT and checking permissions on your %APPDATA%\uTorrent folder as well.

"ages" could be a sign you're not transferring as you should. If you get process explorer, and double click utorrent.exe while checking it should verify the disk statistics. (Speed tab, disk statistics in drop-down)... disk throughput should approach the limit of your connection based upon busspeed. If not (say it's going at 1-5 MiBps) then you should check device manager and verify your Hard Drive Controllers are "current transfer mode (U)DMA"

Archived