Utorrent won't reinstall.

StarQuester

A week or so ago, the blue DL icons turned red and the DL's/UL's were halted to zero. I tried DL'ing some small/fast torrents and they wouldn't, they turned red aswell..

So, I attempted to uninstall and reinstall utorrent. This is where it gets weird. The utorrent page will not load, even though all my other normal sites come up fine. I'm only able to post this from my laptop, which is weird because both computers run off of the same line(wireless router for laptop)..

Has this happened to anyone else?

What specifically am I supposed to be looking for?

Setting the uTorrent system up and configuring it properly is kind of a moot point when the homepage won't load so I can reinstall it. The program is completely gone, along with all accessory files I could find.

The triangle icon on the bottom was yellow, even after setting up the firewall correctly and forwarding the port with a static IP.. It made no difference for slower speeds. I tried a half dozen times with different port numbers within the proper range. I never had a problem with downloads for the first three months or so of using it. Maybe a bit slow, but they always came through.

Yep, just double checked, utorrent.exe is nowhere to be found.

I can get onto this website with my laptop only, which I don't use for anything except for surfing the web. Since I got it, my other PC has been left to utorrent duty for the most part.

I told you it was wierd.

My PC and laptop are connected to the net via modem and wireless router. Never had an issue until two DL's turned red and stayed that way for three days or so. That's whne I tried to uninstall/reinstall utorrent. I have no connection issues with the laptop, and the only page I can't access with my PC is the utorrent webpage. That link to the 1.7.7 version didn't work either when manually typed into the address bar.

It's almost like something knew I ran utorrent and blocked access on me.. LOL

I keep peerguardian2 running 24/7 also.

Virus scans reveal nothing.

I just don't get it.

Wow.. Thanks for that.. You guys are on point.

I just had a chance to uninstall PG2(had to find the start up menu to deactivate it at startup), and i'm able to get to the utorrent homepage now..

Thank you guys so much, you're awesome.

If PG2 is crap, which I can now certainly say it is, should I even bother with a "blocklist" then? If so, my obvious question becomes "which one"?

The problem with blocklisting is both the blocking of legitimate addresses and the fact that addresses change, so no. Blocking of ad servers can be helpful, but Adblock Plus or an equivalent is better in that regard.

Side note, problem is with Bluetack, they make the lists.

Archived