Failure to make upload connections

YenRug

A quick search couldn't find anything which sounded like this: I often leave my PC on overnight to help with seeding ratio, but when sometimes I come to check in the morning I find uTorrent just sat there with zero seeding going on. If I select all the torrents available to seed and choose "Force start" it will go looking and pick up leechers, if there are any, then start seeding to them. As soon as I switch everything back to just "Start", however, uTorrent just drops everything and returns to this apparent "idle" mode and won't check if any seeds have got leechers.

I've got plenty of files that require seeding, though only allow 3 active uploads (before anyone asks), so it can be frustrating to find that uTorrent apparently can't be bothered to do its job. Any suggestions?

Not sure what you mean, there, as stated I have only 3 active uploads allowed and plenty of torrents that haven't reached the ratio I've set. It just gets annoying when uTorrent chooses to sit on torrents with 0 leechers, yet when you choose "Force start" there are plenty of ones that were inactive with leechers just waiting for someone to seed.

OK, let's make this simpler, because no-one seems to be able to understand fairly plain english:

1. Plenty of torrents set to seed to achieve set ratio.

2. Number of total active torrents setting: 3

3. Total number of active downloads setting: 3

4. Number of torrents needing to download: 0

5. Without using "Force start" number of seeds actually seeding: 0

6. Using "Force start" number of seeds actually seeding: plenty where there are active leechers

7. Number if seeds actually seeding after turning off "Force start": 0

So, does anyone know how to force uTorrent to seed those torrents where there are active leechers, rather than sitting on ones with zero leechers?

Have you tried checking the advanced settings in uTorrent to NOT count slow downloading and slow uploading torrents against the active torrent queue limit?

...Best to use the latest uTorrent version if you're not, as I'm not sure how long ago this feature was added.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived