Real percentage of upload

Carlos4x4

Hi,

When I donwload a file the progres show the real porcentage, in other words, when progres show 100 % I know that I have the 100% of file.

But, when I upload a file, if I stop at 100%, this it does not mean that I upload the 100% of file. I could have uploaded 10 times the first 10% of file.

I stop at 200% but I don't know if I have uploaded the 100% of file.

Could implement a real porcentage of upload?

Carlos

I'm confuse.

Here are 3 examples, in both I'm not initial seed. The download is finish, so I am seeding only.

1) one file has ratio = 0.635 and Avail. = 1.000, the Availability bar is complete dark blue.

2) one file has ratio = 0.619 and Avail. = 1.169, the Availability bar has line in dark blue, blue and light blue.

3) one file has ratio = 1.122 and Avail. = 2.997, the Availability bar has line in dark blue, blue and light blue but there ara more dark blue line that light blue or blue.

How I can interpret this?

If you're not the initial seeder, there's no way of knowing that you distributed a full copy yourself. Don't worry about it too much as long as there's other seeders in the torrent. If you're the only seeder in the swarm (tracker reports 1 in swarm), then availability less than 2 means only YOU have a complete copy.

http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_the_colors_in_the_Availability_graph_mean.3F

This brings up an important issue:

Since uTorrent already automatically throttles uploads, how about it also use availability of the torrent to decide if/when it throttles uploads?

It's not good for others in the torrent if the lone seeder decides to automatically quit uploading if the availability is less than 1.

It would be technically possible to implement a feature that checks if everything has been uploaded at least once, IIRC, but it would be useless..

What's better to know is how many seeds there are - and an option to stop/throttle uploads when a certain number of seeds is reached.

Archived