Tracker "Offline - (Timed out)"

xmodderx

Hey everyone, yes I know this has been asked before, but it has had no successful answer, especially in my circumstances...

I have the latest release of Utorrent, my settings are

xx/ 384k

Upload, 35 kB/s

Upload Slots, 4

Connections 80

Connections (Global) 230

Max Active Torrents 3

Max Active Downloads 2

This is bang on according to SpeedTest.net's results for my network! I have the lvlLord patch installed to default 50, I have tried about 20 different tracker's and all after about 20seconds come up with the same error. They get downloading at about 20kB/s but still, it shouldn't disconnect me. As I said, this isn't just one tracker, it's every tracker I try! Some last longer than other's, but only for seconds! I don't know what to do, please help because it prevents me from downloading over-night. The only current fix is to restart Utorrent, but after 20 seconds it happens again

Please get back quick and help me!

Jamie

It attempts to increase the rate at which new connections are made, but the effectiveness of such increases are minimal in the first 2 minutes of a torrent and completely nonexistent after that.

Additionally, if your client can accept incoming connections, you don't need to make many outgoing connections at all to get peer connections.

xmodderx said: "The only reason the connection is at xx/ 384 currently is because my internet is on a go slow, it's usually at xx 2Mbit"

You should NEVER be using xx/2mbit with your horribly slow line.

BTCentral also throttles BitTorrent further during peak times.

Even at best you probably only have 512 kilobits/sec upload bandwidth...thus xx/512k at most.

At worst, even xx/128k may be too fast. :(

Archived