Dead trackers slowing download?

lbjack

Half the trackers in my torrent are dead, and it seems like my client is wasting time by continuously cycling through them. (One is "unreachable," the other two are demonoid ports.) I was wondering if I can speed up the download by going into the .torrent file and removing these dead trackers, so my client won't waste time cycling through them.

Yeah, just found I could do that in properties. Looks like it's trying to connect with each tracker on the list in sequence, so if it's trying to connect with a dead tracker it's wasting time. Of course, if it keeps downloading while it polls the next tracker, it doesn't matter. The basic question is whether having a bunch of dead trackers in a torrent file slow the download.

I feel like I answered this before... deja vu. Nope ;) The list updates based upon the GUI. No communication happens until the timers hit 0:00. Trackers send peerlists, they don't control at all who you connect to or how fast you download. Perhaps reading more about bittorrent (Guides page link #2) and checking through BTFaq.com can answer some other questions?

Archived