Jump to content

100% CPU Usage, Consulted FAQ, didn't work


Cynical_Midget

Recommended Posts

Hi, as the subject suggests, I'm having a problem with utorrent which quite a few people seem to have. Basically, what happened is this: I was using version 1.5.something until yesterday when I decided to get rid of that irritating "Update Now" sign that kept popping up whenever I used utorrent and I updated to 1.7.7. And ever since then, utorrent seems to be working for about 5 minutes after which CPU usage rises to 100%, the consequences of which are fairly annoying. In retrospect, more annoying than that update note.

My router (D-Link 635) is not on the list of routers that cause problems and I'm using F-secure's firewall and antivirus. I tried to limit the amount of global connections to 100, but the problem remains. As I said, the program worked perfectly until the update, I had 800 connections as the limit and my download speeds reached 1,5 Mb. I'd be very grateful for any kind of help, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...