utorrent wont start!

Elitie

i updated it to the latest version yesterday, and since then it wouldnt' start at all!

when i crlt alt del, i see it on the process lists, but it's not in the systray or anywhere else!

i tried redownloading it...closign everything else..it still wont start

help !

i'm win98se

thanks in advance

Yeah, delete the whole folder and start again. Also, when you delete everything, click on CCleaner's "Issues" tab and run a scan to get rid of all the junk that's left in your Registry. When you restart, do the same scan again and see if it comes up with anything new. Hopefully this will help you with your problem. :)

it just asks me yes or no. i clicked no a couple of times and the last time i started it, i clicked yes and nothing happened. no short cut appeared and it didn't start up, and stops asking me that everytime after i clicked no once. but it created an empty utorrent folder back in the application data folder. if i delete the folder it'll start asking me that again.

so now it just doesn't start

Damn...that's just really annoying. :( As a last resort, 'cause I'm running out of suggestions here, try creating a blank dht.dat, resume.dat and settings.dat file and place them in %AppData%\uTorrent (remove the existing .dat files if there are any). You can create these files simply by right-clicking on your Desktop ▶ New ▶ Text Document (make sure to rename the .txt extension to .dat). When you have placed these blank files in the %AppData%\uTorrent folder, try starting up µTorrent... :|

Archived