slow downloads and other problems

noname11

Firstly, my whole computer/internet/msn slow down when utorrent is running. then, I can reach 100+ and 200+ download speed last time. but recently the speed keep dropping and don't rise at all. and the seed keep dropping to 0 and didn't rise too. and it don't rise above around 18-19kb/s. I went to the website to check and it states that there are 40+ seeds while mine is 0. I tried reinstalling more than 5 times and still the same. I tried different torrents too and still the same and sometime the download speed even reach 0.0 when there is seed and peers. and lastly, how to get the port to open? my modem is SB5100 which is not a router and how to configure Kaspersky internet security so that I get a green tick icon? ISP is StarHub

so for long post because I asked everywhere and no answer at all and I am really desperate now

one more thing to add: I didn't really do anything to my computer except updating my spybot S&D

[utorrent.exe]

App=[YOUR PATH]

CommandLine=

UseCommandLine=0

Name=DNS Service

Enable=1

Allow=1

Log=0

Warning=0

Protocol=UDP

Direction=OutboundStream

RemotePort=53

Name=Allow TCP Connections [iN] ([YOUR PORT])

Enable=1

Allow=1

Log=0

Warning=0

Protocol=TCP

Direction=InboundStream

LocalPort=[YOUR PORT]

Name=Allow TCP Connections [OUT] (Ephemeral)

Enable=1

Allow=1

Log=0

Warning=0

Protocol=TCP

Direction=OutboundStream

LocalPort=1024-5000

Name=Allow UDP Packets [iN/OUT] (Ephemeral, [YOUR PORT])

Enable=1

Allow=1

Log=0

Warning=0

Protocol=UDP

Direction=InboundOutbound

LocalPort=1024-5000, [YOUR PORT]

I followed this and it cannot find my utorrent application can someone help?

That happens to be a copy of this post -- rules for Kaspersky.

@noname11: Those rules are NOT for µTorrent. You copy it, paste it into a text editor (like Notepad), replace [YOUR PORT] with the port you use in µTorrent, save it as a INI file (like utorrent.ini), then import the file in Kaspersky's port forwarding rules somewhere.

Archived