Is there an external RSS filter than can open a .torrent in µTorrent?

crackhaed

Good... so we like it to behave according to TVTAD/TVCR specs... please make sure that it does... :P

Hi,

There are a few pitfalls you have to watch, I'm willing to help, share my experiances creating a nice rss feed

plugin for uTorrent. I know it will probably kill the use of TorrentVCR, but help creating a brilliant torrent client

is also a good cause :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea!

This could have been a greater idea... if uT was "plug-in ready"...and the whole application could have been running from uT.

I think you are a bit late, since they are working on something, and devs like what they created - best... I wounder if it is possible to simply integrate the complete TVCR application "under" uT in it's own separate TAB ... I'm sure that it will not be as lean as it is now, but who cares... With proper design, they can make it optional in the install...

Well enough dreaming...

PS:

and you will not be killing your own utility since there are lots of other BT clients w/o RSS support...

Hi,

Well including TVCR inside uTorrent will increase its filesize for sure, TVCR is made with delphi and it compiles

into a pretty big executable. Dont know what language uTorrent is written in, but I doubt it in Delphi.

But I can share my experiances and pitfalls that I came accross when developing TVCR.

Im curious how progess is going with rss with uTorrent, any screenshots/documents available?

It doesn't support regex, the filters are kind of basic at the moment. Like I said, it needs quite a bit of work before it's perfect. :P It still has to implement support for cache headers and so on. So far, I think RSS has added maybe.. 10, 11kb?

rss12cr.gif

rss34zc.gif

rss49dn.gif

rss55mb.gif

Right now those settings on the right of the favorites tab are global. Favorites is for auto-downloading specific torrents in a feed.

Who care about visual effects... functionality & convenience are the main thing!

1* regex filter

2* Enable/disable feeds per feed

3* Manual/periodic search & auto-DL

4* Name-per-feed

5* Private tracker support (cookies?)

6* release status , size , info

7* filter & sort of releases

8* more user settings...

I hope they will be there, eventually...

rafi: favorites = auto-DL

Those 'filters' in favorites are specifically for auto-downloading something.

It auto-checks the RSS feed every once in a while, as well.

I don't know if it supports private tracker feeds, but I know it doesn't crash anymore when there's a password prompt or error. ;)

The releases tab has 3 more columns at the moment: Feed, Full Name, and URL (of the torrent)

torrentvcr implemented regex, and was willing to help . My personal view is - that you don't have to invent the wheel ... If someone else had it implemented in some dll/library - why not use it ? This is not a real-time operation, efficiency does not matter much, and I think there is no need to be so fanatic about the application size. If it take 500K of code - so what ?

OK, OK... I'm sorry for being a bit sarcastic... It will probably be very useful when it's done, and will save me one trayicon...

BTW - it's hard to say from looking at the screen-shots, but you have edit capability of existing feeds and favorites, right ?

Archived