problems with 'skipping' files in torrents

textured

hi. i am having issues with larger torrents in which i only want to d/l a selection of the files. the problem is that the torrent will reach 100% but still only have the .dat file in the folder.. which is useless to me. why does this happen and is there a way to get the files out without d/ling the rest of the torrent?

hi. i am having issues with larger torrents in which i only want to d/l a selection of the files. the problem is that the torrent will reach 100% but still only have the .dat file in the folder.. which is useless to me. why does this happen and is there a way to get the files out without d/ling the rest of the torrent?

The partfile contains the fragments of pieces that overlapped files you did not want to download. The other files should be usable for you. Are they not?

this is the problem! even after the torrent has reached 100% on every one of the files that i have selected to d/l, the torrent folder still only contains the part file (.dat). this is the *only* file there! sometimes it does indeed compile the completed files and display them, but other times it does not. this is currently happening to me on a 9.56 gb torrent (i only want four 175mb files from it) and also a torrent with three 100mb files, in which i only ant one of them.

@jewelisheaven: Happens all the time. I've also previously noted that feature requests, bug reports, and troubleshooting problems have often come (oddly) in waves (you'll find 2 examples by searching for my posts containing wave* :)). No, they're not the same users :P

so is there any way to have an effect on the torrents that i already started? or will it only work from now on?

Once a torrent has downloaded just 1 piece with compact allocation, there's no going back. You can unskip all files, and the torrent should reach 100% properly.

Archived