uTorrent not connectable after a few minutes of use

s0mnambulist

Hi, I apologize in advance if many threads have answered this question.

For some reason lately, uTorrent seemingly on its own has been losing connectability. I run uTorrent on a laptop, and when I bring my laptop home, I turn off my WiFi and plug it in to one of my router's (NetGear WGR614v7) ethernet slots. I have this connection setup as a static LAN IP, and port forwarding is setup to forward to the LAN IP on a single port (50000). I have both UPnP and NAT-PMP port mapping disabled, DHT disabled, and NAT filtering set to open.

So basically, I have all the right settings. I am connectable (green light) immediately upon connecting. However, after anywhere from 5-60 minutes, I'll check and uTorrent has changed to the yellow exclamation point (No incoming connections) and the port test fails. At this point, all I have to do is go into my router settings, click on anything to change its value, change it back, and click apply. This updates the settings and I think essentially performs a soft reset on the router, and afterward I am immediately connectable again. What the hell is this? What is my router automatically doing that kills the connection? I would like to be able to walk away from my computer and continue seeding. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Archived