Very Strange Problem has me clueless

TreF

I am having a very strange problem with my utorrent. It was set up and going good for about a week then i decided to re install my windows vista and now i cannot get it to work...

here is whats strange. If i am logged into my admin account AND my user account at he same time and using my user account the port will open but it tells me it is having a conflict with my admin user using the same port. That makes sense, but if i log off my admin account or exit off of utorrent on the admin my port will not show as being open in my user account... Confusing i know...

I know i have the ports open correctly with my router. Is there something that vista is doing to prevent it from working? I don't have my windows firewall enabled because i am using nortan internet protection and norton protection center. I could not figure out how to configure norton either. I dont think this is it though because it is the same as it was prior to the windows re-install.

I do have windows defender on. not sure if that changed anything. I just cannot think of any reason it would not be working. i have not changed anything

:? Hmm, well you can verify you're actually closing the extra instance of uT with something like TCPView from sysinternals.com . It is not a totally unique program however it does create a nice GUI for a usually bland CLI app called netstat. It should show you all open ports on your computer.. but I'm not sure how it works in a multi-user environment. I do know that another tool called Process Explorer shows you all open programs under all users, but you can't manipulate other users' programs like changing priority. So I would go through the Setup Guide again and be sure at least you're setup on your network hardware. :/ It's all I've got at the moment with the information you provided.

Archived