Blank webpage with latest version of uTorrent

benst

Hi,

I'm running the latest version of uTorrent on WinXP.

I have enabled the web gui in the uTorrent preferences, have set up a username and password, and am using the torrent port for webui access.

When I try to access uTorrent with the webui, the login dialog is displayed but after I type in the valid username and password I get a blank screen. I've tried it with Firefox 2, both locally and remotely. I've also tried username:password@myip:port/gui with the same results.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Plus, the exe is standalone. It would defeat the purpose to have it become a real installer or something and come with the WebUI files (which themselves can become out of date).

And the WebUI can be used by many things, like the Vista sidebar gadget and other fun stuff.

The developer interface is all that comes with µTorrent because the actual GUI itself is swappable. As has been alluded to, actual GUI development for webUI does not move in lockstep with the API development, and for that reason, you can see new interfaces/utilities coming out all the time that take advantage of the webUI API. It'll remain this way because it's much more flexible.

Archived