Abrupt shutdown cause DHT login error

djb999

First off, I'm relavitely new to UTorrent. Today my system locked up and ever since I've rebooted I haven't been able to restart my torrents. I have a DHT login issue. It won't log in. Is there a file that I have to delete or some such thing I could try to get it restarted? Would a reinstall help and if so would I lose my existing torrents?

It's not a firewall issue. Torrents were downloading beautifully until my system crashed. My router does my firewalling. Nothing's changed there. Any other thoughts? Could it be that uTorrent got corrupted on the crash or some internal data files?

... Dismissing it out-of-hand without investigation on your part is rude. uT's configuration is stored in the settings.dat file. To verify you are still on the same port you used previously, open Ctrl-G (Speed Guide). Is it the same port you setup in your forwarding rules.. if not login to your router and make sure. Then change either port so that they match. Additionally be sure you don't have the option "randomize port on startup" checked in the preferences.

If you are new and this is your first day/week using the software it's always a good idea to learn all you can. This is where the Guides are highly useful (link in my signature). Especially useful is the uTorrent Manual (also below linked for ease of download-as well as can be found on the Guides page link #1).

"Jewelisheaven", I am the one asking for help so I appreciate the help from all of you. I'm really just trying to be efficient here and not waste people's time, both mine and yours. My router's settings and XP's network settings haven't changed in quite a while on my system. It would be bizarre if anything had changed on my router. It just seems like it is a strange coincidence that uTorrent is humming along for weeks, my system freezes, I reboot and uTorrent stops working.

I'll follow the steps you outlined and see what I discover. Truthfully, I was looking to see if someone had run across my current situation and solve my problem as they did.

>>>

Here is the latest:

Randomize is off.

I ran the port-forwarding test and this is what I received:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 14011 on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx...

OK! Port 14011 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

Thanks.

Archived