Please help me try everything

greener

Hey im fairly new to trying to fix torrent problems always worked without a hitch for me but now that i bought my new computer specs are posted below i have had horrible speed problems nothing ever over 29kb/s and reding in some forums i see that thats slow my old computer was alot faster i was wondering if any one could help me with my issue please i know fo nothing else. I will try and post as much as possible an appriciate your help in advance. I have undone everything i have done after i realized it didnt work so im working with scratch and a fresh install of vist so i dont want to muck it up one more thing when i have multiple downloads its like its sharing the 29kb/s

Manufacturer: Acer

Model Aspire M5100

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5000+ 2.60 Ghz

Modem SpeedStream 5200 (had it for a long time)

Router D-Link WBR 1310

Im using the new verson of Utorrent

I also use a security manager from bell thats my firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.

I have let the port through my firewall both them

Yea i have sympatico is there anything i can do to make things speed up another weird thing i noticed is that sometime my connection is fine and other times it saya no imcommin connections with a yellowy orange triangle at the bottome bar beside download speed this has happened from the beginning just forgot to say it last night

uhg lol so iuno what i did but i finally got the green circle then being the idiot i am i disconnected my computer to put my router and modem on the wall and when i turned my pc back on no i have a yellow triangle again i did open the port in my bell sympatico firewall and it says the port is open when i look at the details and i have my windows firewall turned off. I am at a complete loss now i dont get how my modem/router being turned off then on again can screw everything up my internet is still working fine

like 5th time editing the yellow triangle is switching between that and a red cirlce with a ! in it saying i have no connection yet i am downoloading 59 kb/s with 5 d'ls

ok so ISP interferance the only way to solve this problem is to switch ISP which mean going from bell to rogers? i found out i can forward the port without setting up a static ip and it works but when i restart my computer id just have to keep doing it because my ip changes right? could i just call D-link or bell and ask them to help me set one up(static ip) having them kno im doing it to download torrents? or should i hide the fact im doing it to download torrents

... It's not the ISP setting your IP that matters. When you have intermediary hardware like the dlink it creates it's OWN set of IPs, from which you set the static IP on YOUR computer, and tell the dlink WHICH IP you chose.

In many instances having ISPs give you a static IP costs more and doesn't offer any benefit.

Archived