Slow VERY Slow

jaleroca

Hello, I am not new to this forum as I have been searching it for months now. I am concern that my utorrent is not working properly. The problem is nothing is downloading but EVERYTHING is seeding. I am doing way more seeding than dowloading. Heck I cant even download. I boosted my speed with my dsl provider to 3m but this hasn't seem to reconcile the issue. Also when ever I am downloading or as I say while utorrent is actively seeding... My computers In my household seem to go very slow. Portforwarding is fine. I just cant seem to work this. Especially after demonoid shut down. But one more thing, who am being tracked by? I have no clue. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

Hehehe, welcome :) OK. So your settings seem to work right now for seeding only eh? Well have you tried Openoffice Torrents.... Additionally if you open the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) could you list your settings there below? If most of your torrents have the tracker url (seen on General tab) as demonoid, you should go through the process of forwarding your PORT (from Ctrl-G) for UDP traffic and enable DHT :) If using uT on your LAN impacts others, it's possible your uT setting or other software is causing extra load due to the connections... Are you using software firewall, packet filtering, or security suite? If you're not sure can you click How-To below and scroll to the bottom for "HijackThis" and run it and copy-paste the logfile it creates into a post below?

I think SBC global ISP screws (badly!) with BitTorrent traffic...even worse than ComCast.

Also, you may have boosted your download speed...but uTorrent is set based on your UPLOAD speed which may not be increased very much from what you had.

Select xx/384k in the Speed Guide.

If your computer is slow when you start µTorrent, then it's probably checking the data (because of an improper shutdown). You're going to have to leave it alone and let it finish. You should check Start > Run > devmgmt.msc to make sure none of the devices connected to your primary/secondary IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers are currently using PIO as their transfer modes.

Archived