Upgraded U Torrent v1.6.1 To v1.7.7 Now Theres A Red Light Problem!!!

budachild

Good afternoon,

I've been using U torrent v1.6.1 for the past year flawlessly without any problems whatsoever. I didn't upgrade to a newer version because I felt everything was just fine and dandy. I than heard that the new version of U Torrent v1.7.7 fixes several bugs and has really good enhancements. I usually like to upgrade a program after several versions come about. So I went ahead and upgraded v1.6.1 to v1.7.7 through the "update" function within the program while it was running. I assume upgrading that way just replaces the exe file you use for U Torrent because the program closed and opened again stating it was v1.7.7. All my personal settings were untouched and I guess you could say I was happy to have done the upgrade.

Now I've used U Torrent v1.7.7 for a few days now without a glitch and have always seen the green check mark at the bottom bar of the program while downloading/uploading. But since yesterday all I've been seeing is the either the yellow exclamation triangle, the circle red light exclamation, or nothing at the bottom bar of the program while uploading something specific that had already finished downloading. Anything else on my list of items downloads/uploads fine and has U Torrent show the green check mark at the bottom of the program.

I'd also like to note that I have two U Torrent listings in my windows firewall exceptions list as you can see in the image below.

102jvis.jpg

Each of the two listings in my windows firewall lead to different paths as you can see below. One leads to the exact location of the program which is on my "E:" drive. While the other leads to drive "C:" desktop, which I think could be because a temp file was downloaded to my desktop during the upgrade from U Torrent v1.61. to v1.7.7???? I'm shrugging my shoulders as to why the second one's there.

no7hg4.jpg

zts02.jpg

I have no idea if what I just mentioned above has anything to do with my yellow exclamation/red light exclamation problem. But I thought it might be helpful to mention it. Anyways my questions are as is below...

Questions:

1. Why is it that a specific item that has already finished downloading has U Torrent show the red light exclamation during uploading while all other items download/upload fine?

2. What can I do to solve this problem?

Thank you for your time and for relying as well.

Specific item...? You mean the red light is next to a torrent? If so, do tell us what the tracker status(es) is/are for the affected torrent(s).

Try removing both firewall rules, and letting µTorrent recreate the rules (it should recreate them automatically on startup). Are you using any other firewall? What modem are you using? What about router?

Thanks for the reply though I think you misunderstood. I'm getting the following icon at the lower middle part of my U Torrent application not next to my torrent:

24qvn9e.png

I'm seeing that instead of this:

2l91wmt.png

& It's only happening with just one specific item. It finished downloading fine with the green network icon. But when it was finished it would not upload at all and turned the green network icon into the red one... Yet when I stop it from being active and start another item, all is well and I get the green network icon at the lower middle section of U Torrent.

Do tell us what the tracker status is for the affected torrent.

How in the world do I find that out?

Try removing both firewall rules, and letting µTorrent recreate the rules (it should recreate them automatically on startup). Are you using any other firewall? What modem are you using? What about router?

I'm not using any other firewall... Just windows xp. Aside from that I have a normal modem from my isp not a router.

What devices are connected to your computer?

I'm not really sure why any particular torrent job would be have any differently -- the network status light isn't directly influenced by specific torrent jobs. I'm not sure, but a possibility is that your ISP might be interfering...

No it is not my isp. But I do have to ask you about something. Remember when you told me to check the tracker status on that specific item that was getting the red arrow next to it and red exclamation in the middle bottom part of the program?

Yah well I just checked the tracker status [i never knew how to do it before in the general tab by raising up the tab]. & well it says this for that specific items tracker status:

OFFLINE (TIMED OUT)

What would that mean? I bet that's the reason why every other item works fine and that one doesn't. Because every other item says "Working" for tracker status. I know offline most likely means its not working. But why would such a thing happen? & yes what exactly does this mean?

Archived