When adding a torrent WebUI does not refresh page automatically.

hermanm

I'm just getting a handle on using the WebUI for the first time. When I add a torrent, the WebUI doesn't refresh the page. So, I added the same torrent three times before I realized maybe a refresh of the web page might help. And sure enough, it was there. What are other people's though about having the WebUI refresh the web page every time a torrent is added?

I think torrentflux refreshes the page every time you add a torrent, right?

WebUI doesn't really need to refresh anything -- it dynamically loads the new data from µTorrent and rewrites them on the page (more bandwidth-efficient than a full refresh).

If what you're asking is why µTorrent isn't updating its statistics... What browser are you using...?

What I'm saying is that when I add a torrent from the WebUI, the torrent does not appear on the list unless I press F5 (full refresh) on my web browser. To be efficient, it would be good to just add the torrent to the list without having to do a full refresh.

It does already do that (I just tried too). It's not like it's something that needs to be implemented specially either anyway. Any time the torrent jobs list changes, µTorrent sends the new information to web UI. Adding a new torrent counts as a "change," and accordingly, µTorrent includes it in the "torrentp" key in the JSON output. Web UI should (and does) update the information it has, adding any new torrent jobs to its list (whether it was added from the web UI, or from the local/standard interface even).

Archived