What dl speed can I expect with utorrent?

Kua

it all depends on your isp, whether they throttle torrent activity, and how well tweaked utorrent is. my isp throttles it, so i get between 1 kB/s and 15 kB/s, but i just bypassed the throttling and reached about 50 kB/s. a little more info would help, but id say you're doing as good as most with a throttled ISP.

http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/index.html

How does a torrent from here run? Indeed, more information would be helpful -- that means you should carefully read the first link in my signature.

As for what speeds you should expect... You shouldn't expect anything. BitTorrent is a P2P protocol, and as such, your speeds depend entirely on other peers' upload rates. If you set everything up properly, you can expect to have a higher chance of getting good speeds.

Your download speed depend entirely on other peers' upload rates, your settings, and whether those other peers are uploading to you at any given moment. (Upload slots are supposed to be a lot lower than max connections per torrent...which means you're also probably not uploading to many of the peers you're connected to at any given moment.)

hi one and all!

i`d like to share my view on this and request you to guide me on this,

i`ve got 256 DSL line, i usually get 32kB/s as down and 8kB/s as up!

now as u said it depends on other peer rates upload and the bandwidth too.

for one patricular file, i got connected to just one seed and 12 peers where in availibility was 15 seeds and 65 peers, now my upload was almost nil say approx .8 kB/s, where in my down went upto 42kB/s, stablized at 36-38kB/s and the major chunk was given by just one seed.

now i want to know why this happened? usually i`m connected to 50 seeds+peers in total for any torrent and max down i get is 32kB/s, stabilizes at 26kB/s

i got 42kB/s for one particular file. why was it? even my bandwidth is constricted to 256 kbps.

regards robbie

Archived