Can't get utorrent to work at all! im new to the whole torrent thing.

tic.tac1020

hi

i'm completely new to the whole torrent thing. my friends told me i should try it and i want to but i cant figure out how to get utorrent to work. i installed it, and ran speed tests and had that all set up right i thought. i tried downloading some torrents but they dont do anything. everything like the speed and all that stuff is 0.0kb/s or whatever. it looked like it wasnt connected to anything and at one point a torrent said 21 under seeds but nothing did anything. it is starting up really slow and is freezing when it opens. im so confused....please help!!

uTorrent didn't even open properly when i tried to do openoffice. the little icon appeared in the tray but the window wouldn't show up and then it kind of did but was frozen. theres a little yellow triangle at the bottom. i cant get to my speed guide right now but i had it set to upload thingy as xx/73 or something? thats what i remember it saying. the tests i did said my download was 5304 kb/s and upload is 305 kb/s. the others said the same thing.

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop) , then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

hi, i use utorrent from my home computer no problem but when i try to use it with my new laptop i cant seem to get a port to open, i am using a mobile internet source with a hsdpa modem, ive asked the provider if they block torrent sites and they say they do not. the windows firewal is allowing the connection but i still cant get an open port, hopefully someone out there can point me in the right direction?

P.S. my OS is vista home premium

Archived