Help Needed!! Cant seem to d/l any files anymore from utorrent.. -S

dario

Hello everyone.

I am in need of some kind advice and possible troubleshoot. I am havin serious problems downloading torrents since earlier today. It was fine a couple of days back, and I was able to d/l at pretty decent speed of between 15-25 kbs or higher.

But today, i was trying to d/l a file , despite the file being one contributed by FXG with 2346 seeds and 3295 peers. I had d/l several files from FXG and had no problem with them. With this current torrents and I even tried d/l the older torrents which i had d/l b4, I cant seem to get any downloading going on. My seeds (0), peers (0).if i am lucky, at times, i would get, 1 each, at a d/l speed of 0.1kbs. gosh...usually i would get ard 100-200 for each

I have the green light at the bottom of the page, saying that my network connection is fine, i also did the port forwarding test, and it diagnose to be "open".. as such I have no idea what is the problem..i did not make any changes to the preferences or speed guide...as such i don;t know whats the issue here..

prior i cld download stufss w/o having to go my linksys router port forwarding setup, and e port would be "open" , but today, as i was prompted it was not open, i had to go the setup to forward the port. Only then would it prompt that the port i have selected is open...even thou it is now, it is not DOWNLOADING anything!!

As it really bugs me, as to what the problem really is...and i hope you kind people over here cld really help me out over here with some advice or probable solutions..

Below is the list of information which you guys probly wld need

Router : Linksys WRT54G v5 - latest firmware

utorrent: 1.77 build 8179

Operating system : Windows XP service pack 2, internet connection : broadband -100MBs

Speed Guide : xx1 MBit

Upload Limit : 100

Maximum active torrents : 10

maximum active download: 10

Connections (global) : 240

Maximum no of conected peers per torrent : 45

Number of upload slots per torrent: 6

seed while ratio is <=75%

Enable UPnP port mapping = unchecked

Port Test Check came with these results!!

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 40667 on IP address...

OK! Port 40667 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

i mite have missed a step or configure my router wrongly..as such please2 let me what info i have missed out so that I could provide them for better solutions. Thank you so much. Hopefully you kind people over would be able to help me overcome this problem and let me enjoy my torrent experience once more.

Thanks again..

If you have not tested with OpenOffice please do so. Additionally re-run the speedtest from the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) or one from a location geographically close to you and re-set the drop-down to your upload. 100 Mbit connection is referring to your Ethernet cable to your linksys. Changing this will also reduce your active torrent load which I believe is also overloading your connection.

i have tried d/l the open office, but i am not able to download it..even if it did so, it was d/l at a speed of 0.1 kbs.

with regards to the speed test, i have run it via the closest one to my geographical settings

download speed : 8.10 mbps

upload speed: 212 kbps

based on the above results, what should my ideal configurations be??

connection typE:

upload limit:

global maximum connections:

maximum no of connected peers per torrent:

number of upload slots:

seed while ratio is: %??

pls enlighten me..thank you.

Hii switeck,

i have configure to that settings and it still doesnt work. i am able to d/l only 1 torrent, at a speed of 2kb/s...

i really dont know what else to do..i am just wondering if this has something to do with a trojan or malwarre virus? recently i had this irritating "windows installer pop up" that appears each time i open up IE or microsoft office documents..it wld prompt installing microsoft office 2003 and i had to click on cancel each time..after i had this "pop ups" my torrents went kaapoot..cld it be attributed to that?

my internet speed slows down,even downloading any other tings not torrent slowed down tremendously..if this is indeed the cause of the problem..does any kind soul over here have a possible solution to this problem? how do i get rid of this pop up..possible malware??

i have tried running norton, yahoo anti spy,adaware,regcure,spybot,...nothing werks...sighzzz

Hye there

I have tried everything, but i am not sure what is the exact problem..

Funny thing, i am using a wireless router, only this wired pc hav problems downloading from torrent, while e other wired pc and wireless laptop are able to download torrent at about 15-20kbs..

could it be then the problems lies with this pc alone??

or could i be an overall problem with the router as i am experiencing stopages while surfing the net, getting page cannot be displayed error for almost every other website or sudden lost of connection..

hmm..does anyone hav anything 2 recommend??

thanks

Firstly, does the internet work fine while you're using one torrent program at a time?

Secondly be sure if you're running more than one uT at once, you reduce the values of your settings (ALL applicable ones in Ctrl-G for ex) by the number of computers running simultaneously... i.e. your upload is 40, but you want to run uT on 3 computers, make the upload limit 13. The reason: to keep load consistent... making sure your running all that stuff isn't causing the troubles with your router.

When you have internet interruption... does it solve itself automatically, or do you need to reboot something (modem / router / stop uT)?

Firstly, does the internet work fine while you're using one torrent program at a time?

Yes

Secondly be sure if you're running more than one uT at once, you reduce the values of your settings (ALL applicable ones in Ctrl-G for ex) by the number of computers running simultaneously... i.e. your upload is 40, but you want to run uT on 3 computers, make the upload limit 13.

I had already previously set it to 3 on all computers..for max torrent and active torrent

3.When you have internet interruption... does it solve itself automatically, or do you need to reboot something (modem / router / stop uT)?

At times i would have to switch off the power of my router and switch it on again to regain connection.

Archived