Should it really take a week to download?!!!

froggy0825

I just downloaded utorrent today and am trying to get the lingo figured out. I went through all the steps for set up that I found. The port refuses to forward no matter what way I try to do it. I started downloading a movie and it's telling me it's going to take a week or so to download it. What the heck did I do wrong or is it seriously that sucky at downloading things?! I can go out and buy the movie faster than it says it will download. I use a 2wire 2700HG-D router and have tried wireless connection as well as the ethernet connection with the same results. Can someone try to explain what the heck to do? I appreciate it!

i would first want to make sure that in my preferences, that i have all my connection settings set up correctly... it should'nt take a week to download a file unless it's a 5 gig file and there is only one seeder... i'm not familiar with your router, (is that a product from quest?) but there are several sites that help with configuring routers to work with p2p. - http://www.utorrent.com/setup_guide.php - copy and paste this into your browser... hope it help... it should walk you through all the necessary steps..

;) Indeed, "should" depends on many things. Bittorrent relies on upload, so be advised if your upload is low don't expect > 4:1 rate of return. For you to download someone else needs to upload, so be sure you're setup correctly as badd_robot says :D

Additional resources include Ultima's How-To for troubleshooting (below) and the Manual (below) if you wish to learn more about uT.

Archived